Wednesday, August 8, 2012

idaho!

Getting off the airplane past midnight in the Boise airport, tired and exhausted, seeing my momma just behind those tall glass doors... Running into her arms made my list of top five happiest moments of my summer. Am I a momma's girl or what?! Because we got in so late, and Pocatello is a three hours drive away from Boise, we got a hotel for the night. And after laying on the same bed talking 'til two am, we finally hit the hay. In the morning, before we started the drive home, we got to see some friends that we haven't seen since the wedding! Waayy too long! An hour of chit chat with the Favillo girls looked a little something like this...

Literally, friends since birth! Laughing and giggling the whole time, it was so fun to see them and catch up! With Kristin in nursing school and Brooke in California, we get to do it very little. Though hopefully with us in Seattle, a little closer to the rest of the 48 states!, we'll be able to see each other more. After our rendezvous in the hotel lobby, mom and Stephen and I headed to lunch with my aunt, uncle, cousin, and grandparents. Yummy food, lots of talking, and a few games of air hockey and we were on the road to Pocatello! And to this little girl...

On Friday, Stephen and I headed to Jackson Hole with my parents to spend the weekend in the kayaks! We ate and shopped around town, kayaked our way down the Snake River and into Oxbow Bend, and got chased off String Lake by rain, thunder, and lightning! It was a beautiful and fun relaxing weekend! Didn't know how much I missed using those little blue boats!

Over the last week we've spent more and more time with sweet baby Harper, having dinner with Ashley and Byron at my parent's house almost every night. We've been enjoying our relaxing mornings and errand filled days, trying to get everything ready for our road trip through Oregon to Seattle! Though I haven't been the world's best photographer this trip, nor am I ever, more Idaho photos will come on the next blog. But for now, my husband and a fort in the basement (yes, we made a fort) are calling my name...

No comments :

Post a Comment