Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"let's take a turn about the room, shall we"


One of my favorite movies... Pride and Prejudice. In a super awkward scene where the evil sister attempts to embarrass Miss Elizabeth in front of Mr. Darcy, she asks her to take 'a turn about the room', to talk while everyone else watches and listens. Awkward. It is, regardless, a top favorite of mine, and in honor of all the Pride and Prejudice things in our home (aka the dvd case and the one Pride and Prejudice quote I wrote on the white board in Stephen's study), I'd like to invite you to take a turn about the room...


The living room slash library slash my study slash dining room, where the love sac is just as big as our love seat. Also where you will find my one and only sad attempt at fall decorating... the autumn colored pendent banner hanging above our window. I do love our extremely full bookshelves and our teeny tiny dining room table, though. I can't paint (which I want to so badly!) and we don't have the money to invest in beautiful wonderful things, but these are our things... It's a full living room, but it feels like home :) Full of remnants from our wedding (old crates, bottles, books...) and pictures of our family... This is where we're bring baby home :)
And then the kitchen where I kindly left out the pictures of the overflowing sink of dishes. Though I also left out my super cool very favorite spice rack hanging above the sink...
Stephen's study, where I leave random love and encouragement notes once a week. Also where I sneak in and clean up once a week! Organize his books and papers, clear off his desk, fold his clothes, color coordinate his closet... You know...
And then the bathroom, which I'm sure you were all just dying to see.
Oh yes, and then there's me. Walking around our home taking pictures in my jammies. Woof, I need to clean that mirror...

No comments :

Post a Comment