Tuesday, September 30, 2014

apple picking


I'm all about fall. ...Until spring rolls around and then I think I like spring a lot, too. Oh and then summer is good... But right now, it's fall, and I'm totally jumping on board with everything orange and pumpkin. Last year was my first time going to a pumpkin patch, in determination to do all the fall things, and this year was my first time at an apple orchard! Baby has been loving apples and I love to bake, so while maybe we didn't need a bucket full of apples, it sounded like a good idea :) And it was! Uriah doesn't like apples (or applesauce or bananas or... my kid is so weird) but he loves the fact that they look like balls, so he was kicking and throwing the ones he'd find on the ground (and bruising a few of the good ones throwing them into the basket) Stephen and I taste tested until we were a little sick, but man they were good! We ended up with Jonathan and Golden Delicious apples - some being displayed on my counter making it look so much like fall in here, and some are currently in the oven in a loaf of apple bread (if it's good, I'll share the recipe!) It was a fun way to spend a few hours of our Saturday, together as a family before Stephen starts a new, busier, rotation. The weather was overcast, but nice, and we practically had the whole place to ourselves. I love getting to experience new things with Uriah and I'm excited to make this a fall family tradition. So, until next year...

Oh, and have I mentioned? Wink (the penguin) is an official family member. So I guess baby makes five...?

4 comments :

  1. These pictures rock. You look like you're glowing ;) and you're totally going to have to share the recipe because people... It was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried a different apple bread recipe the other day and had to throw it out - baby hated the smell and Stephen said it wasn't any good. He's now requested another loaf of the old stuff ;) Haha!

      Delete
  2. SO CUTE! You look adorable. Love your cute fall outfit! Wishing it felt more like fall in our 88 degree weather! Such a darling family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's kinda an awkward stage to dress the bump - is it there? is it not? Haha! I'll send some cool thoughts your way! We still get the occasional 80 degree day, but these 60 degree mornings are heaven!

      Delete