Saturday, August 3, 2013

six.



Six months. Half a year. I'm torn between being so excited and so very sad! I do not wish he was younger, I do not wish to turn back time, though I miss it terribly, it just keeps getting better and better and I love watching him grow up, learn and explore. But it just goes by too darn fast!

Our little man is officially sitting up on the regular, though he's usually surrounded by pillows because our hard wood floors scare me! Always on the move, (clearly! picture taking is getting harder and harder!) he is trying to get from a sitting position to his belly and once he's there, kicking his legs and moving his arms until his lack of movement frustrates him enough mom's got to jump in and switch it up! Anything and everything within reach goes straight to the mouth! He's got a couple favorite toys, his Iron Man "doll", Sophie and his first toy Raphie the giraffe. He loves being outside - in the stroller, on the grass, in the pool... Momma loves it because it wears him out ;) He's still a great napper and sleeps quite a bit, he's never awake for more than two hours at a time. But when he is awake, he is super happy and talkative. I enjoy his smiles, babbles and laughs so very much! He can scream now, which is both hilarious and LOUD! Our poor neighbor... Still eating every 2 - 3 hours, but we've introduced solids! His first food was avocado and it took a couple weeks for him to keep anything down, but now he loves rice cereal, avocado, banana, squash and sweet potato. He's so interested in food and so anxious to put anything in his mouth, I don't think he'd protest to any food at this point ;) He's still struggling to sleep well at night. He wakes up between 2-5 times a night. I know. We're not against the whole "crying it out" thing, but in the middle of the night it is soo hard to lay in bed, awake, listening to him scream and cry for an hour knowing that if I just went upstairs and fed him we'd both be back asleep in 20 minutes. *Sigh* It'll get better, right?

Uriah has been an absolute joy to have in our lives and I can't believe it's already been six months... Only been six months! I feel as if this baby has been in my life forever... We love you, bug! Happy {belated} half birthday!

No comments :

Post a Comment