Saturday, August 3, 2013

when momma came to town


Earlier this week my beautiful momma came to town. She got in Sunday night - perfect timing for a walk through town to the fountain and a stop at frozen yogurt. We couldn't convince her to crash on our couch, so she showed up Monday morning from her hotel ready to take the babe and I thrifting. We were on the hunt for a dresser. I have been living out of my suitcase for a month and I'm sick of it! With no air conditioning in our car, and the fact that it's a car and not a truck, makes it real hard to drive around town and load up a piece of furniture. We spent the day driving around Boise stopping at every thrift and consignment store we could find. No dresser. We did though, spend too much time and money at Carter's, have a yummy bagel lunch, buy a globe and the cutest ever tufted blue love seat, and enjoyed a delicious salad dinner from The Ram. Surely on Tuesday we'd have better luck. By late afternoon (after we'd driven through Boise, Garden City, Meridian, Eagle and took a break wondering through Target) I was officially frustrated and crabby and wanted to call it quits when my mom pulled over to a small Goodwill on our way home and said, "Just go in, this one will be it!" And it was! Though I was stubborn to admit it ;) We loaded up our $30 dresser with intentions to spray paint the ugly brown and green.


I'm so thankful my momma came to be my coiffeur :) She helped me mark things off my list I've been needing and wanting to do to complete our home. And offered wonderful company and conversation while doing it! I love that we live so much closer and I'm able to see my family more often. I love even more that Uriah will get to know them so well - I love seeing him with her!

Thank you, momma! Can't wait to see you again next weekend! Can't wait to get this home of mine DONE, too!

No comments :

Post a Comment