Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pocatello {part 2}

Christmas Eve came and brought snow! Not that it wasn't going to be a white Christmas, but fresh new white snow sure is a happy sight on Christmas Eve morning :) We got to play in it, well, I got to play in it while everyone else was hard at work shoveling and plowing the driveway... And take Tucker up the hill for some exercise and lovins'. 

After our hard work (their hard work), we enjoyed some coffee by the fire while watching The Grinch (how much more perfect could our morning get?!) After taking maternity pictures with my mom (in a blog soon to come!) we got dinner prepared and dug in! With a game of Down by the Banks to finish it off, of course! 


Our Aunt Kelly, Uncle Mark, and cousin Gail got in just after dinner (they decided to make the Boise drive just in time to spend Christmas Eve night with us and we're so glad they did!). Stephen and my parents and I joined Grandma and Grandpa for a Catholic Mass service, which was something I'd never been to! And though it wasn't my exact cup of tea, I loved getting to see Grandpa so happy and it was a nice reminder and reassurance of my faith in Jesus and all the wonderful things He's done for us. It's so easy to get distracted from the real meaning of Christmas, but to know that Christmas is first and foremost the birthday of a King... Well you can't help but fall in love with a story like that. Plus, it was fun to see my dad quote off scriptures from his childhood I was sure he'd long forgotten ;)


We came home to dessert and Christmas jammies and a book waiting to be read... Every year my dad reads our old version of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' to us like we're still little kids. And just like little kids we sit in rapture and love every minute of it :)


And then it was Christmas :) With stockings and presents to be opened, cinnamon rolls to eat, new games to play and movies to be watched... It was a quiet and relaxing Christmas day. Stephen and I squeezed in a nap, I stole a long hot shower, and we all did a lot of talking and laughing. It was so fun to experience Harper's first Christmas, too! Though she was satisfied with the first toy someone handed her, she was by far more spoiled than any of us! Guess she was good this year! ;)

The Bolander clan left on Wednesday and we said our goodbyes to Byron over a yummy Bagelry lunch. More movies and games and time with Harper... Our bags were packed and our drive to Boise planned out for the morning... We are so happy and grateful to have spent Christmas with my family in Pocatello. Happy and grateful for all the laughs and gifts and hugs... Happy and grateful for all the memories and fun and love... We love you all and can't wait to see you again!

No comments :

Post a Comment