Sunday, September 16, 2012

here


Though our days still reach 80 degrees, we're getting the earliest hint of fall in our Seattle mornings. Those perfect mornings with the sun shining and the clean, crisp, cool air that makes you want to put on a pair of boots, sip on a warm coffee, and ride with the windows down. Well it was one of those mornings. And we did just that.

In church today our pastor was talking about how to live faithfully, referring to Jeremiah 29:4-7. He told us to "learn to live in the place God has you now". Don't live your life waiting to move, waiting for the baby to get here, waiting to be out of medical school... Don't live your life thinking 'I'll start living as soon as...' Start living now! "Wherever you are, be all there!" It was an exciting yet convicting message for me. I spent the last year wanting a baby, wanting to start a family with Stephen. I felt like I was really truly called to be a mom, and the sooner I could start my calling the better, right?! I was super impatient with God and His timing. And now that I'm pregnant, I find myself just waiting for February. I got what I wanted and I still want more. I should be living my life now. Enjoying this pregnancy. Enjoying this time with Stephen. Enjoying my last opportunity to work. This is where I am in my life. I need to be here!
The message also justified my desire to fill every corner and every wall in our house with stuff! Yes, it may just be stuff, but it's our stuff and it makes our little temporary apartment feel like home. We may only be here for nine months, but we're here! This is where we are in our lives and I'm determined to make it happy and full! You know what I mean by full? Like when your heart feels full in a room with all your family and friends and most likely cake. Where you look at the one you love and are filled to the brim with excitement and tears and joy and wonder...full.
So we are here. In Seattle, in our little apartment, in medical school, pregnant and working. And I have every intention to be all here!

No comments :

Post a Comment