Wednesday, January 18, 2012

And then there were brownies...

My New Year's resolution of spending more time in the kitchen is starting to kick in. I've had all sorts of free time on my hands before going back to work (hence all the blog posts), so I've spent it with an apron on. Our leftovers aren't getting eaten because there's something new on the stove and I'm pretty sure I've already gained a couple pounds from all the baked goods (not helping with the other New Year's resolution...) 
A blog I've been following for the past year or so (means a little somethin' somethin' to the husband and I) had THIS as it's post last week.... 
1,000 Awesome Things: #73: Foods that no one can eat gracefully. Thus, taco pizza...

Delicious? Yes. Messy? Yes. Though I did not take a picture of the aftermath, my sweatshirt needed to be washed and the floor needed to be swept. I'd been craving taco pizza for weeks. I used a dough recipe a friend gave me, and modeled the rest after Crystal's taco pizza she used to make in the sorority. Husband loved it. 
What a cutie. 


Pizza dough slash breadsticks
1 cup warm water
1 Tbl. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. yeast
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
Mix above ingredients into large bowl in that order. Knead for 7 minutes in KitchenAid mixer, or 10 minutes by hand. Let dough rise on sprayed pan for 20 minutes in warm oven. 
After, spread dough onto sprayed pan, pour 1-2 Tbl. olive oil, add toppings, bake for 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees. 
I used pinto beans for taco pizza, my attempt at being healthy. 1 lb in the crock pot with some garlic powder, salt, and water, on low for 8 hours. Spread the beans on the dough, add grated cheese, then pop 'er in the oven! We use spinach 'round here, but lettuce, tomatoes, olives, corn (yes, corn), carrots (yes, carrots), onions, salsa, sour cream... you name it! Dig in!


Oh. And then there were brownies.

No comments :

Post a Comment