Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday means...

Sunday means granola. 
Fresh out of the oven, 
yummy and warm granola.


This is Stephen's recipe. 
Yes.
Stephen's very own recipe.
He's been making it for me since we were dating.  
It's my favorite in a bowl of milk, his favorite with yogurt and fruit.


It's about every Sunday that we need a new batch,but I don't mind making it one bit.
It's super easy and makes our home smell super lovely :)

Yummiest Granola Recipe...
5 cups oats
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup craisins
1/3 cup sliced almonds


Preheat oven to 325.
Pour oats in 9x13 pan, and "toast" in oven while mixing ingredients.
Mix oil, honey, cinnamon and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
Add toasted oats; coat.
Add craisins and almonds; stir.


Bake for 20 minutes,
stirring granola after 10. 
Let cool and enjoy!






Sunday also means church,
and new birthday clothes. 
Well, this Sunday it does.
After my Friday day date
with the girls, I found 
myself at the mall.


I do that often.

Stephen and I were happy to be back at church this morning. We'd missed it last week due to returning from Belize slash starting school on Monday chaos. 
The message today was very humbling, and I enter the week praying I have the eyes and the heart to focus on what really matters; leaving the "little things", all those "objects", alone, and pouring myself into myself and my husband and my God. 




Happy Sunday, all.

No comments :

Post a Comment