Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October love

^^ Pictures from our first fall together, 2009. Happy 4 years of knowing each other! ^^

Stephen and I met on October 1st, 2009, we shared our first kiss on October 11th, fell in love on October 31st, and got engaged on October 15th the following year. Not only do I enjoy all the pumpkin spice lattes, orange leaves, crisp mornings, and the excuse to bake multiple times a week that comes along with the month of October and the change of the season, but I love so very much that this month represents so much love for Stephen and I. My very favorite time of year... And how lucky am I to spend it with such an incredible man?! ...Men! I have been blessed with two boys! Stephen and I are both excited to share this fall with Uriah, his first. Though he won't understand the beauty of October for quite some time, we are looking forward to experiencing it all together, nonetheless. Hanging on our fridge (in my parent's basement because we're living in Pocatello for 6 weeks!) is our "Family Fall To-Do List":

1. Drink lots of pumpkin spice lattes (duh!)
2. Go to a pumpkin patch in plaid
3. Go through a corn maze
4. Carve pumpkins with friends and family
5. Go to Jackson Hole, Wyoming with my parents to enjoy all the changing trees and animal sightings
6. Bake an excess of cookies and pumpkin spice brownie bites
7. Take family pictures (thanks, mom!)
8. Build a fort to watch Halloween movies in
9. Actually dress up for Halloween!
10. Discover new yummy, warm crock-pot recipes

Happy October 1st to all of you!

No comments :

Post a Comment