Friday, March 21, 2014

need

Wanna know a surefire way to make me feel shitty? Send me into a store and make me leave empty handed. Dumb, right? But I have this idea that I need things. This idea that materialistic stuff is really important, that that cute top will actually make me feel prettier, skinnier, better... Our family lives on a pretty tight budget. I married a medical student, not a doctor ;) But even if our budget did allow for a random shopping spree, I don't actually need anything new, and I hate that I am so susceptible to the thought that what I have isn't good enough. I was hit by these thoughts (again) when I was getting ready for date night a few days ago. I actually said to Stephen as I was flinging clothes from my closet to the bed that I needed to go shopping before I could go on our date. Thus, outfit posts. I was considering brining these back to the blog awhile back and just never got around to actually starting it up again. And I'll admit, they will probably be few and far between - my photographer leaves early and comes home late and, let's be honest, as a stay-at-home mom I don't always have a reason to get out of my yoga pants. But in trying to be more grateful for what I already have, and trying to make what I already have work instead of running off to the mall to buy a $15 temporary piece of happiness, annnd simply because I like putting outfits together and getting dressed up, I thought "Hey! Why not?!"


Disclaimer: My pictures aren't fancy, and my clothes aren't either. I pretty much wear a white v-neck t-shirt every day. So, if you're looking for a fashion blog, you haven't found one. But I do love personal style (and all those white tops in my closet) and I miss getting dressed up for work and styling my clients and learning about fashion in school (though I don't actually miss work or school) so I've decided to use this blog as a mini creative outlet for that passion. Sorry, dad ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment