Friday, February 14, 2014

Five Friday Favorites

Recently, I've discovered that there is a huge Instagram/blogging community out there. I mean, obviously. But I've been stumbling upon more and more accounts that have me going, "Oh my gosh! Yes! Me, too!". There are other mommas out there thinking the same things I am, feeling the same things I am... And it's sorta a huge relief! To know I'm not alone and not (entirely) crazy. It's kinda weird to connect through Instagram, but I feel like maybe I've gotten to "know" some of these women through their pictures and blog posts and comment conversations. All such beautiful, fun and honest women living their lives out as mommas and wives (and the ones I want to introduce to you today, as faithful servants of Christ!) Maybe one day we'll all meet in the central U.S. for a giant sleepover/girls weekend. Gosh, wouldn't that be fun?!

So, here are my new five favorite blogger/Insta mommas that you should be following, too! These ones are too good to keep to myself, guys, so I'm sharing!

1. Corianne Burton
This momma and I have a mutual love for "iced coffee and Christmas lights". I was hooked when one of the first blog posts I came across started out with a 'Friends' reference. I mean, come on! Her little man is just older than Uriah and you will die over his blue eyes and blonde curly locks! She talks all about being a wife and a momma and shares occasional beauty products (Which, by the way, I took her most recent advice on and purchased a new sea salt hair spray... Listen to her! She knows what she's talking about!) on her one blog, and all about her sweet boy and family on her other (where her husband sometimes even contributes!). She will certainly have you laughing and nodding in agreement - her posts are so spot on!
blogicorianne.com
blog: bandofburtons.com
instagram: @icorianne

2. Brittanie Havens
This new momma is a beauty queen! And her chubby little man, Dexter, is just yummy! Britt is a makeup artist (if only I could be so lucky to have her fix up this mess!) who lives in Canada. Her and her little man are crazy well dressed, and you should see her Instagram sneak peeks at her house...that nursery! Her most recent blog post was titled "Postpartum Body Image". If you are going to be pregnant, are pregnant, or are post baby, 3 months or 3 years... It is a must read! I so desperately needed to read this post with a Florida beach trip coming up next month, and was so appreciative of her story and encouraging words. She also floods her blog with gorgeous pictures and updates on her baby boy and her sweet family, you will swoon!
blog: ohbabyhavens.wordpress.com
instagram: @britthavens 

3. Mary Beth
This 26 year old natural beauty is momma to three... Three kids in three years! Can you even imagine?! Her sweet babes are some of the cutest ones you will ever see, and I love the way she writes about them and documents their interactions in stories and pictures. Mary Beth is a blogger, baker, photographer, and home schools her little ones. Oh, and she's writing a book...! Impressive, right?! As the founder of #theeverydayproject on Instagram, this momma has a beautiful and grateful heart and is always noticing and appreciating the small things in life. I love seeing her blog posts pop up in my blogger feed. I don't think I could pick just one favorite post, but try these out and you'll see what I'm talking about... "New Adventures" // "A Thousand Thanksgivings" (Also, her Pinterest boards are amaaazing!)
blog: annapolisandcompany.com
instagram: @annapolisandco

4. Megan Wallach
I'm pretty sure if Megan didn't live in Atlanta we'd be "bonafide best friends". It's true. The first post I read of hers was such an honest one as a momma, and the pictures of her girl...?! I could eat her up! Then I stumbled upon this post ("Shine", her word for 2014) and I became so inspired! This momma has got a beautiful heart and such a thirst for Jesus! It was contagious! And, her most recent post about dominating her husband in tetherball literally made me snort out loud in laughter. This gorgeous momma also has her own Etsy site! Homegirl has the whole package!
blog: mforlove.blogspot.com 
instagram: @megwall2911 

5. Molly Kidd
Once upon a time, Stephen knew Molly and her husband, Brad, in college. (She is a fellow OSU alumni!) Stephen knew them before I was in the picture and I never had the opportunity to meet her, but I sorta feel like I know her, all the same. Even if my husband didn't have a distant connection with her, her blog posts are so light and genuine and fun, anyone who reads them feels like a friend. She is (over)due with her first baby girl (and I'm pretty sure she'd appreciate your prayers for a speedy deliver!) and has made being pregnant look so chic. Molly has amazing style (that she is now passing down to her babe!), an incredible knack for interior decorating, is a great photographer, and shares some super yummy recipes (all gluten free!). Way to show us all up, right?! I am constantly swooning over everything in her Instagram feed!
blog: urbannesterblog.blogspot.com
instagram: @molly_beth_kidd


8 comments :

  1. I just LOVE the blogging and IG community there is out there. You're right, a sleepover would be too much fun! ha Love these ladies and excited to check out the ones I didn't know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My next list is going to include your name, girl! That little man of your is just too much!! And I love that you're from Alaska! It's not "home" to me, but was for a year! That counts for something, right?! ;)

      Delete
  2. Well aren't you sweet for saying all that nice stuff about me behind my back?!!!!! Seriously. Made my day to see this and the great company I'm with. Thank you thank you for featuring me!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I love reading your posts and very much look forward to reading your book! Thanks for sharing with all of us your beautiful family and life!

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! I lOVE connecting with other mommas via social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really realized the relationships that could be created through all these blogs and Instagram feeds! But it's been so great getting to know other mommas and share in their joys and struggles!

      Delete
  4. How perfect is this post. I love coming across other bloggers! Can't wait to check them all out :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you stopped by my little corner of the internet! I love finding new favorite bloggers - these ones are gems!

      Delete