Sunday, December 22, 2019

Judah Budah turns TWO!


Judah Budah is our little ray of sunshine. With his flowing yellow locks and his sweetest soul, he is such a bright spot in our lives. I sing him "You Are My Sunshine" every night before bed, I have since he was a baby - he truly is my sunshine - a ray of joy and warmth and hope.

- - - - - - - - - -

At two years old Judah is wearing size 6 diapers, size 2-3T clothes and size 7 shoe. He is nearing 35 pounds and stands 3 feet tall. His hair has never been cut, his teeth have a perfectly adorable gap and his eyes are the most beautiful shade of blue.

At two years old Judah loves... Airplanes! Ok, more like Judah is obsessed with airplanes! For the longest time they were called "vrr dows" (because airplanes say "vrrr" and go down, obviously! ha!) and he couldn't talk about them without hand motions. They are now called "airpanes" and I shed a tear the day their named switched! Watching your kids grow up is so bitter sweet... Judah also loves water - bath time and running through the sprinkler and two Judah approved ways to pass the time! He is momma's boy and will always request I put him down for naps and bed. He loves sunglasses, toy cars, bubbles and babies (wouldn't be caught without his baby doll for awhile there! He stole it from Ezra who has never given baby dolls the time of day and Stephen made me cut off the pink bow ;) He loves animals, particularly, birds (which are still called "ba da ba da ba deeees" and you better believe I'll cry the day that name changes, too!) kitties, dogs, horses and "buggies". Judah loves to play with Ezra, jump on the trampoline with dad (do anything with dad!) and the color yellow. He favors the slides and swings at the park and is ridiculously good at riding his scooter! He loves being outside or anywhere Uriah and Ezra are. A close second to airplanes and animals would be books - Judah loves books! I'm so impressed with his attention span for sitting and reading. I especially love when I find him thumbing through the pages on his own! Judah also loves fruit and cookies ;)

Judah does not like sitting in the shopping cart for longer than 20 minutes, eating vegetables and meat, getting left out of a Uriah and Ezra game and coming when asked to come.

- - - - - - - - - -

It is so hard to put into words who Judah actually is. Living life with this sweet boy has just been a dream and I wish so badly to both bottle him up to keep him this age forever and to move on to the next age and stage to see what it brings and experience its joys. Judah has been such an "easy" baby and toddler and found his place in our family so effortlessly. It is so hard to imagine who we'd be as a family without our little Judah Budah, and I am eternally grateful we don't have to.

- - - - - - - - - -

I have loved every day of these past two years with you, sweet boy. Even the hard, challenging ones (with you, there haven't been many!) You really do make me smile when skies are gray, baby boy - always.
Watching you grow and learn has been such an honor - you are so big and smart! You are all things good and wonderful and beautiful and joyful, Judah, and I love you, I love you, I love you!

No comments :

Post a Comment