Saturday, October 13, 2018

Idaho (read: Ozzy!)

It was torture to not hop on a plane the day Ozzy was born and go love on him and his momma in Pocatello! We looked into several options but ultimately, it made the most sense to wait and drive over with the kids. To ensure we actually went through with the 11 hour adventure (and that I made it there safely and sanely...!) my saint of a mother flew to Sacramento, spent just about 48 hours in our new town, drove the 2 day trip with me and my kids back to Pocatello where she came from, spent an exhausting week all together keeping up with 6 kids, drove us back to Sacramento and hopped on a plane back to Pocatello the next day. A SAINT I tell you, a SAINT! The love of a mother... We sure appreciated her help and company on the long drive (honestly, I don't know what I was thinking, thinking I could make that trip solo...?!) But I might do just about anything to snuggle this sweet boy, so... 


My littles slept worse than newborn Ozzy while we were there, which was 100% no fun for me, but they sure are cute when they're exhausted!

We spent a lot of time simply playing - the kids were just so happy to be together! We took Bagelry to the park, walked to the library, jumped on the trampoline, snuggled, snuggled, snuggled and played some more.

We also spent a day pool side and no one was complaining! We got some fishies on our hands! As an added bonus to our fun in the sun, we scored one of my all time favorite picture of the six cousins! I couldn't get in the pool with my fresh ink, nor Ashley with Ozzy, so we let Nana and Papa have all the fun ;) Our kids have no idea how good they have it with those two!

On our last evening, our family friend Ashleigh took us up into the hills to do a photoshoot with Nana and Papa and their six grandkids! My parents are the cutest and I'm so glad they did this! Currently planning what ones to print for their bedrooms... Ashleigh did an amazing job and I will treasure these always!

No comments :

Post a Comment