Saturday, April 9, 2016

February

February: The month started with visitors and a three year old's birthday celebration. We made another trip to the Children's Museum, several trips to the beach (you guys! tanks tops in February?!), train rides, park visits and play dates. I think this might have been the month this place officially started to feel more like home. The kids and I hadn't traveled in awhile, we all had grown accustomed to our routine, the house was finally finished (well, is it ever, really?), people and places were familiar... And it was good. Not that I never thought it wouldn't be, but it took a long time. When I'd meet new people I'd say "oh yeah we just moved here!" when really, it had been 6, 7, 8 months. It just felt so new and different and weird for so long. I don't know what it was, maybe the new year had something to do with it, but I finally felt comfortable and normal saying we've been here close to a year. So, thanks for that, February.


No comments :

Post a Comment