Wednesday, July 9, 2014

our 4th of July weekend

Day one
^^ You guys...! My nephews are the cutest ^^
^^ The babes were constantly sporting just diapers, if that, and little naked babes on a beach?! It doesn't get better ^^
^^ Fireworks in Alaska are pretty nonexistent, but we gave 'em a shot! So crazy that the sun never sets...?! It's hard to adjust to come bed time, but gosh it's so pretty! ^^
^^ Brothers on the catamaran and sisters on the sail boat! ^^

Day two
^^ Many attempts at a family selfie! Uriah was not willing to participate, clearly ^^
^^ I was laying out in the sun and this chunk decided he wanted to sit right on my belly and block my sun. But, I didn't mind. My belly's still white, but I got lots of kisses out of the deal ^^
^^ Cousins throwing rocks into the water from the raft! If he wasn't eating, Uriah was in the water! ^^
^^ Future pilots! ^^

Our trip to Alaska was easily our best one yet, and we were so happy and lucky to top the week off with two days at Harding Lake. I'd never been, but the whole Wall clan had memories of summer days and nights spent out on the lake, so it was fun to hear their stories and share it with them this time around. The trip was Aaron and Rosie's idea and I just can't thank them enough for hosting us! Uriah, of course, loved the water and spent most of his time in the shallows tossing rocks. He also loved Pa's airplane, which Jeff flew out to the lake on Saturday. He's been obsessed with them ever since! I loved the sun and heat and the company most! Though going out on the sail boat with my sisters is up there on the list of best moments. It's not often the three of us get together sans husbands or babies. There was volleyball and botchy ball and sand castles and lots of snacks and barbecuing and jet skiing (which I tried! I've been on plenty of jet skis, but this was my first attempt at a stand up one and it is hard!) Lots of laughter and pictures, too. We left Alaska with tan lines and happy memories (we'll just skip over the "not enough life jackets on the sail boat" ticket the brothers got right at the end there ;) Happy birthday, America!

2 comments :

  1. Looks like a blast and baby boy's eyes melt me!!! A naked baby is a happy one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh his blue eyes are killer! I don't know how I'm ever going to discipline him...?! Haha! And yes, naked babies are the best! Thanks for stopping by, momma!

      Delete