Tuesday, May 15, 2018

month six


Size: Judah is wearing mostly 3-6 month clothes (some 6-12) and size 3 diapers. He is 28.5 inches, in the 99%ile for height, and weighs 18lbs 12oz, in the 73%ile for weight. My lightest six month old but arguably my happiest! 

Eat: Nursing great! I can't seem to pump more than 3 ounces at a time (?!) but he's perfectly healthy so I'm assuming he must just get more than I pump. Showing all sorts of interest in food so looks like I need to go grocery shopping!  

Teeth: Two teeth and judging by all the drool, I would assume another one or two are on their way, but nothing yet. 

Sleep: After a brief hiatus, he's back to sleeping through the night! I think it must have been teething that did him in, or visitors, but we had about a week long stretch where he was waking up once in the night. I was fine to let him cry so long as it didn't wake up the big kids, and it never did, but occasionally I'd end up in their to nurse him. He goes down between 7-8 with little to no crying, wakes up to nurse between 5-6 and usually goes back to sleep until 8. His morning routine really varies. He takes 3 longer naps during the day, or 2 depending on the amount of cat naps he gets as we go from here to there. Poor third...always on the move! So thankful for his flexibility! 

Milestones: Sitting, ish ;) Still super wobbly, I don't trust his balance to walk away, but he's working his way out of the tripod sit. Very interested in going places and can get where he wants by rolling and scooting backward, though he's always trying to pull himself with his arms and will get up on his hands and knees quite a bit! Soon! Maybe ;) Laughing much more willingly these days, grabbing all sorts of toys (and not putting them in his mouth!) babbling, putting himself to sleep... generally growing up and getting big and making me sad ;)

Likes: People! He loves attention and people talking to him and playing with him. He loves Uriah and watching his siblings play from the center of the living room floor (they love that he's still immobile!) He loves his blue ball, Magna Tiles, Legos (oops!), his binki, being outside, being in water - bath or pool, his playmat, grabbing everything, the Ergo and did I mention he loves attention ;) Though for someone who loves attention, he's the most content and easy going babe! 

Dislikes: He's getting a little more vocal, so you definitely know when he's tired or hungry now, and maybe his teeth have made him a little bit fussier, but I honestly can't think of anything he truly or consistently dislikes. It actually makes it really easy to known if something is wrong - he doesn't just cry for no reason! (I wrote that for his 5 month update and it still rings true! Though I would add, if he's getting attention from someone and they walk away before he's had enough, he will protest. Thankfully, he's still easily distracted!)

Things I want to remember: His fuzzy blonde, blonde hair - it is so soft! His piercing blue eyes - they're bigger than we first thought and oohh they are beautiful! His smiles! He smiles all. day. long. The way he looks at Uriah. The way he lights up when he's outside. When he laughs as I "Ani sniff" or snort on his neck. How I can put him down for a nap faster and better than anyone else. He loves his momma. The times he sits in the bumbo next to the big kids and they all play Magna Tiles while I make dinner. The way he insists on grabbing my fingers or shirt when he nurses. 

It physically hurts I love this little one so much! I could honestly EAT him he is so damn cute and sweet...! So many mixed emotions when we talk about having more kids or being done. But honestly, if we're going to be done, we'd be going out with a bang. He is perfect! 

No comments :

Post a Comment