Sunday, May 6, 2018

March

Well, March started out with a bang. Literally. We were in a car accident on March 1st. On our way to the airport to pick up my friend Erica, we were hit at an intersection not far from our house. The other driver ran a red light (and thankfully owned up to his mistake!) and we were hit on the drivers side front tire. The damage didn't look like much, but our van was totaled and it took weeks for Uriah to shake the scare - he saw the car coming and we were helpless to stop it. His screams haunted me for a few days after that. Luckily, I was the only one injured and not much at that. Erica eventually made it to our house, we eventually got a new van and new car seats and after a month the kids stopped telling every single person we saw about the crash ;)
 ^^ Really, Erica's visit couldn't have been more timely planned. She came to offer help and I needed it, and never would have asked for it otherwise. God works in mysterious ways, all. While we mostly drug her around to tow yards and left her to babysit our kids while I visited the doctor and napped, I appreciated her help and company more than she'll ever know. She left her baby for the first time to come meet and play with mine and it's an act I'll never forget! ^^
 ^^ Sleeping babies are my favorite babies ;) ^^
 ^^ Weren't we just pregnant?! Samuel, Cohen, Judah, Elliot, Isla and Mary - born September 28th to December 26th and all as cute as can be...! ^^
 ^^ So, Judah's a water babe...! ^^
 ^^ Morning's around here... ^^
 ^^ The best superheros wear bows! ^^
 ^^ Gearing up to go to Hawaii at the end of the month, we did a unit on the state for school! Uriah's favorite part was easily the Lego volcano, complete with red lava oozing out the top! ^^
 ^^ I've had my wedding dress stored in the kids' closet (with no idea what to do with it!) and had to bring it out to move a few things around. It sparked the kids' interest and it didn't take much convincing to get Ezra to try it on. I think I broke Stephen's heart sending him these pictures at work..! What a beauty! Time, slow down! ^^
 ^^ Judah and one of his best buddies, Cohen! I wish my baby could continue to grow up alongside all these sweet babies! ^^
^^ While her official outdoor birthday party was canceled due to rain, we already had the balloons and nutella croissants (her favorite treat!) so we celebrated small with her best friend "Miss Nicki" (just ask her!) ^^
 ^^ As a pre-Hawaii treat, Stephen planned for Nicki and I to get our nails done while he kept all six kiddos entertained and alive ;) What a good man, loving me so well! ^^
 ^^ More of that sleeping baby goodness! ^^
  ^^ Ezra's birthday was the day before we left for Hawaii - we had plans to pack and go to bed early, so we celebrated a few days before: waking up to one present in the morning (THE cutest princess dresses made by our friend's mom!), "playgroup" with her friends, pizza for dinner, a showing of The Little Mermaid, more gifts and pink everything for dessert - pink ice cream with pink sprinkles and a pink cake with pink frosting and pink sprinkles! ^^
^^ Someone's excited for Hawaii...! ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment