Wednesday, January 10, 2018

November

^^ Lazy morning on November 2nd waiting around for the phone call to tell us we could go into labor and delivery. Eventually, with little hope of an opening, we made it out of the house for a walk to the mall for lunch. Shortly after we got home they said "come on in!" and then I freaked out ;) ^^
^^ All hooked up and ready to go! I loved that day but man do I not miss that belly! ^^
^^ Uriah arrived to the hospital to meet Judah with this in hand (cue the heart eyes!) It has been hanging by his crib ever since ^^
^^ Lots and lots of Judah pictures from our first few days at home. We were lucky enough to have Stephen on an outpatient rotation before and after Judah's arrival (meaning home for dinner and weekends off) but I was still left to defend for myself in the mornings before my parents came over starting two days after coming home. I don't want to be dramatic or anything, but I was terrified. Annnd there was absolutely nothing terrible about it. Uriah and Ezra have been so great with Judah from the beginning, loving on him and helping me. And, maybe even better than their seamless adjustment to having Judah around, their friendship seemed to grow overnight and they were able to keep each other happy and entertained while I did the adjusting. ^^
^^ Girl time! Ezra took the hit of Judah being born more so than Uriah - he's older and understands more and while Ezra didn't react in much of a noticeable way, she started grouping the two of us together a lot more, saying often things like, "just us girls" or "mommy and Ezra are girls and daddy, Riah and Judah are boys!" She wanted to be "on my team" a lot and I seemed to be getting extra hugs and kisses so we stole away for a Starbucks date and Safeway run and it was just what we both needed ^^
^^ School took a major hit the last few (painful) weeks of pregnancy and for several more once Judah was born. Uriah took the initiative one morning to work through his alphabet flash cards by sight and sound and then proceeded to sound out these words. Definitely made me feel like less of a failure, slacker mom so thanks for that one, Uriah ;) ^^
^^ More pictures of Judah, park and zoo dates with Nana and Papa, church with friends sans mom... life moved pretty slow those first two weeks and no one was complaining about it! ^^
^^ Before my parents took off they took the kids to Santa Cruz - picnic lunch with the butterflies, aquarium to touch a shark, the boardwalk for fun and games, chocolate chip pancakes for dinner and a sleepover in the airstream. We were all so blessed by my parents extended stay in the Bay. I don't know how we would have made this adjustment without them here! We would have...it just would have been significantly harder! And less fun! ^^
^^ My parents left and Stephen started working in the ICU - terrible timing! But I survived my first solo Sunday at church! We were only 30 minutes late ;) ^^
^^ Tank tops in November because, CALIFORNIA! Judah's first trip to the beach! ^^
^^ Sweet, sleepy, snuggly babies and playdates with friends - a lot of what our November consisted of! ^^
^^ These kids are the best! We spent our Thanksgiving sans Stephen, soaking in warm baths, reading lots of books, playing lots of Legos and going on an evening walk to check on the fort. It wasn't ideal, but I felt like I got good time with each of my babies, with nothing but loving on my to-do list that day and it felt pretty dang good. We have a lot to be thankful for! ^^
^^ Legos (there are always Legos), hiking, a morning at Chuck E Cheese and more of those sweet baby snuggles to round out the month. It was an extra good one :) ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment