Monday, January 8, 2018

month two


Size: Judah is wearing size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes. Even before finding out his height and weight I would say he is longer than either of his siblings were, therefore though, less chubby. His 2 month appointment is coming up so we'll find out soon! UPDATE: Judah weighs 13 pounds (55%ile for weight) and is 24.5 inches tall (93%tile for height) 

Eat: Exclusively breastfed and nursing like a champ. My supply took a dive the first time Judah slept 8 hours at night (I woke up completely dry when I should have been bursting at the seams...!) I panicked and cried and worried but was able to get it back up and we seem to be doing ok now. He nurses every 1-3 hours depending on the time of day - 1 hour apart in the morning and evening, before and after bed, 3 hours apart during his two long naps and 2 hours apart during the rest of the day. For the most part, I just nurse him when he seems hungry - we have a goal of 18 pounds at 4 months ;) - but he seems to have worked himself into a pretty consistent schedule on his own.

Sleep: JUDAH SLEEPS THROUGH THE NIGHT! He goes down between 8-10 and wakes up between 5:30-7. All the praise for the world's easiest baby! His loud grunting days are over too, so we're all getting good quiet sleep. I should note that he's still sleeping in the rock 'n play and I'd really love to get him in the crib, but why ruin a good thing...?! He stays awake in the morning for an hour or so until dad's gone for work and Uriah and Ezra are up, then goes down for a 2-3 hour nap. He's usually then in and out of sleep as we run errands, play with friends and try to get out of the house before lunch and naps. He takes another long nap, about 2 hours, when the kids do, sometime between 1-4. He's awake for a good chunk of the evening after that, stealing little cat naps in dad's arms or on his playmat, but then it's bedtime and he's out like a light! 

Milestones: JUDAH SMILES! And it's the absolute BEST! He's been intentionally smiling for weeks now and I was surprised it came so early. He's honestly just the happiest baby! He is so close to laughing too - sometimes when he smiles his whole body shakes and his noises increase in amount and volume ;) He is getting a lot better about his arm control and trying to grab things, and slowly but surely he's working on that neck control! Kid's got a big head to hold up ;)

Likes: Judah loves attention! He is such a happy baby - he is always smiling and "cooing" at whoever takes the time to get in his field of vision and smile and talk to him. He likes his playmat and will contently lay there hitting the toys back and forth. He likes being outside - always lights up and looks around when he can feel the cool air on his face. Loves being worn, held upright, patted on his bum and back, the bath, his changing pad and his siblings :) 

Dislikes: He doesn't like being held horizontal. Unless I'm nursing him, he protests to being cradled in our arms that way. And honestly, that's all I can think of! He no longer minds getting dressed or getting his diaper changed, he now loves all aspects of bath time and his car seat doesn't seem to be an issue (we tested the theory on a drive to and from Sacramento in a day! ;) I am telling you - world's best and happiest baby! 

Things I want to remember: Judah brings so much joy into our home. He is always happy and it quickly spreads to the rest of us with just one big gummy smile. I never want to forget that smile! Or his tiny little mouth all pursed up when he's concentrating or his "turtle face" as he's waking up. I never want to forget the feel of his fuzzy, fuzzy blonde hair on my cheek or the sight of his squished face sleeping on my shoulder. Honestly, he's just so damn cute...! Perfect, if you ask me, maybe the cutest one yet...?! ;) I never want to forget the hours we all spend just staring at him, in complete awe and love. I never want to forget all three of my babies together, either - Uriah always wanting to hold him, rub his fuzzy head, talk to him, make him smile with a smile of his own or a Uriah original song, telling me how cute he is... Ezra's interest is much more short lived, but equally sweet and I can't wait to watch her role as a big sister evolve as Judah gets older. They're the best. 

No comments :

Post a Comment