Sunday, February 10, 2019

SIX


I was prepared for five to feel big, I was prepared for it to be hard on my momma heart. And five is big - you started Kindergarten and started to do so much more on your own (namely in the bathroom - hallelujah!) But it didn't quite hit me like I was prepared for. Six, though... Six has knocked me down a bit. It's nothing in-particular. All of a sudden, you're just big! You look bigger, older. You act and talk older. And I didn't see it coming. I find myself just staring at you, in awe and wonder - how? when? why?!

For starters, you're just so dang handsome. I mean, those eyes...! And that sweet, sweet smile... You know just how to pull at my heart strings, boy.

But you're not just handsome. You've got the sweetest heart, and really, that's the most important thing. You're aware of age and so tender with the elderly and the young. You adore all animals and want to take care of them or leave them be in the wild. You're thoughtful and helpful, and you know that I appreciate those things so you're always looking for ways to love me in those ways. You're tentative and careful, observant, always calculating, and very reserved, only giving yourself to those you've deemed worthy. It is a rare and great honor to be invited into your inner circle.

You're crazy smart and crazy inquisitive - always asking, always learning, always curious. It's tiring, but so. so great! I am learning right along with you! I love watching your gears turn as you're thinking through something or listening to you process something new or recite what you've learned. You've grown a lot in school this year and are reading really well and are great at mental math! Science is our easiest subject, as you naturally gravitate toward it! Right now, you're thinking about being a scientist when you're older, or an archaeologist.

You are funny and silly and so very quirky! And honestly, a hefty does of weird! But we wouldn't have it any other way! You fit right in around here! Life with  you is just FUN!

You are constantly singing - songs about what you're currently doing, songs you've learned over the  years and now hear me singing to Judah and most often worship songs. You're always singing about Jesus and it fills my cup to hear your voice echo around the house! Maybe we are doing something right ;)
You rhyme, all the time, with made up words. You argue with me like crazy and it's gotten you your fair share of discipline. You push your sister's buttons but are simultaneously her very best friend. The two of you play pretend for hours on end!
You love the trampoline, riding your bike, swimming and climbing at the park and doing the monkey bars. You're a fast runner, too! You are a homebody, thanks to your mom, and are perfectly content to spend the day doing nothing too special, so long as we're together. It might take some coaxing, but once you're outside it's hard to bring you back in. You're an excellent hiker and are constantly building forts out of sticks, collecting berries, rocks and different kinds of pinecones. Animals and nature are your favorite things to learn about!
You love Legos - love, love love Legos! You're an incredibly talented builder and have such an imagination! I am honestly floored by the things you come up with - they're always symmetrical and realistic. It's so impressive, dude! You're talented and artistic, always drawing me scenes and pictures. Our house is littered with your papers and writing!
Blankey still goes almost every where you do, and I'm not looking forward to the day that changes. Please stay my baby forever! You still sleep with Wink, Rain and your newest favorite buddy, your cheetah Spotty. You take such good care of them.

Gosh, I could go on and on. There's so much that you know, so much that you've accomplished, so much that I'm proud of. So much that you've done and are and do! More than anything, I want you to love Jesus and love others. And at six years old, kid, you're doing a pretty good job of it. It's a learning curve, for both of us, but damn, this is fun. We feel so blessed that you've been given to us - we are so lucky! You are simply just great - every last (not so) little bit of you.

We love you Uriah Michael!

What is your favorite color? "Purple! You know that!"

What is your favorite food? "Uh pizza! And quesadilla and macaroni"

What is your favorite game? "Um, maybe Exploding Kittens"

What is your favorite animal? "A cheetah and a peregrine falcon"

What is your favorite song? "Rock You Like a Hurricane by The Scorpions" Well that was specific...! Haha!)

Who is your best friend? "Ramsey and Paxton and Chapman"

What is your favorite thing to do outside? "Look for bugs and jump on the trampoline"

What is your favorite holiday? "Christmas!"

Who is your favorite stuffed animal? "Spotty" (One of his only specific requests for Christmas was a stuffed animal cheetah. Meet, Spotty!)

What do you want to be when you grow up? "Scientist, archeologist, um, I don't really know" (I would add doctor or engineer or architect to that list) 

What is your favorite thing to do with daddy? "Play Legos"

What is your favorite thing to do with mommy? "My favorite thing to do with mom is... that's hard. Maybe read books" (Well aren't I a hoot...)

What is your favorite thing to do with Ezra? "Maybe jump"

What is your favorite thing to do with Judah? "My favorite thing to do with Judah is sorta just play"

What is your favorite movie? "Harry Potter, the second"

Who is your favorite superhero? "Um... Black Widow" (We haven't been into superheros much lately... I think he said this just for the name)

Who is your favorite princess? "Oh my gosh... Rapunzel" (I didn't ask, but I'm guessing because of her hair!)

What is your favorite book? "Harry Potter the third"

What is your favorite thing to play with? "Legos"

What do you do really well? "Build Legos" (So much more I would add to that!)

What do you like to learn about? "Snakes and reptiles and bugs"

What makes you happy? "When you help me" (I asked him "with what" and he just said anything. Funny thing is, letting him help me is his love language)

What makes you sad? "When I bonk my head" (Uriah has always been my most sensitive one when it comes to getting hurt. I wasn't surprised by this response at all!)

No comments :

Post a Comment