Tuesday, June 12, 2018

because it was home

Random, unedited pictures of our house because I have a pile of boxes waiting to be filled and I have yet to document this space! So, before packing it all up and moving, I wanted to save these pictures to have to look back on, as I've done in every home we've had these last 7 years (that's 4 homes!) It didn't look quiet like this when we first moved in - the white bookshelves were rearranged, the gray chair from the dumpster (yes, we snagged that chair from the dumpster the day we moved in!) used to be white, our blue velvet love seat used to sit under the window, we had a play tent that sat in the corner for two years until it broke, we didn't have a cart full of school stuff, my desk wasn't always used as a natural collection table, our dining table and chairs were different for our first 6 months here, all of our throw pillows have played musical couches/chairs/beds and the baby items went from out, to storage, to out again...! 
I've never stopped to document this space because, honestly, I've never loved it. There's always something I wish was different or I wish I could add or, or... the list goes on. I've never loved that all our living takes place in this one space - how do you decorate for a playroom, living room, family room, dining room, school room and entryway all at once?! Convenient, yes, and easy to clean, yes, but I've just never quite found my decorating groove here and this space has never been one I've been proud of, particularly. So, I've kept it off the blog and Instagram. Which is silly because this has been home for the last three years and while I'm excited to finally get my dining room table out of my living room, I'm going to miss this little apartment (just a little bit!) and don't want to forget it. So, for me and my future self... our Palo Alto home! 


No comments :

Post a Comment