Thursday, March 5, 2015

our weekend


This last weekend, my mom and sister drove up from Pocatello to throw me a baby shower! The above two pictures are just about the only photographic proof that the event happened, but it was beautiful and fun and I am so grateful they put the event together! They did the whole thing in black, white and coral - including the beautiful quilt they had made for me! Ok, for Ezra ;) They served pulled pork sandwiches, veggies, fruit and the yummiest homemade cake cookies - I don't even know what they were - little cookie sandwiches of heaven - all I know is that I ate all the leftovers! Ezra and I were spoiled with gifts! - diapers, wipes, clothes, moccasins, and money to help us purchase a double stroller. The guests were also given a card in their invitation for them to fill out - "wishes for baby". Reading those at the end of the night was an absolute highlight for me! The hopes and prayers and wishes laid out for my baby girl... She is so loved already and I am so happy that her and I are surrounded by such wonderful, strong and thoughtful women. All in all, it was such a fun night and I'm so thankful my friends and family all wanted to come together to celebrate me and baby girl! Thank you, mom and Ashley, for the perfect evening! 

That night, my mom's cousin, Seth, flew in from California to hang out with her in Pocatello for the week, but we got to keep them an extra couple of days in Boise. Sunday morning we met up with Ashley and her family and a couple long time friends for lunch at the local bagel shoppe Stephen and I frequent with our small group after church. After nap time, for more than just Uriah ;), we headed to the park! With my mom's camera... I'm not the world's best photographer, but I'm not the worst! Or my mom is just so dang pretty it wouldn't matter who was taking the picture and with what camera... We all had dinner together that night and met back up for breakfast on Monday before Stephen headed to work and my mom and Seth hit the road for Pocatello. I loved having my family in town for the weekend and wish I was driving down there tomorrow to celebrate Remi's birthday! I'm really going to hate not living so close to them... Luckily, we'll still be here when baby girl comes and we'll get lots more time with them in the gorgeous spring Boise is promising to give us! 


2 comments :

  1. I need to get a lesson on how to post photos like you do with blogger! Like small pics and big pics and several in a row! For the life of me I can never get the layout how I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me forever, too! I use Picassa, the Google photo editing "app" you can download on your computer. I don't use it to edit pictures, I just use iPhoto for that, which is not fancy at all, but it's super easy to make collages with Picassa and they save with all the rest of your regular pictures so you can download them onto a post all together. I have no doubt there's a much simpler, better, faster, easier, way to do it, but that's the first way I found that worked and have just stuck with it because I can do it so quickly now!

      Delete