Wednesday, October 15, 2014

sixteen weeks

^^ a grainy iPhone picture while my little one plays with worms on the sidewalk ^^

How far along are you?: 16 weeks, 0 days. It's kinda fun that my weeks fall on a Wednesday - gives me a little hump day pick me up! 

Baby is: the size of an avocado, yum! 

Obsessing over: baby things! Which isn't entirely unusual ;) Now that I'm in my second trimester, I'm starting to get more and more excited and am starting to notice baby clothes and toys and necessities more often. Like the newborn section at Gap? It all almost made me cry. And thinking about rearranging the bedroom so I can fit baby's bed next to mine? Well it makes me want to set it up today. 

Favorite moment this week: hearing baby's heartbeat on Monday. Swoon! Isn't that just the best?! As each appointment nears, I start to get nervous that maybe everything won't be ok. That 156 heart rate was such a good reassurance! 


Feeling: extremely nervous and uneasy about leaving Uriah for four days. FOUR DAYS! It helps a little that I get to take this one along with me, though :)

Working on: to-do lists. A little prematurely, I'll admit, but baby is coming right after and right before some pretty big stuff for our little family, so I'm trying to be as prepared as possible. 

Thinking about: having a two year old AND a newborn. Somedays I feel totally prepared and ready and excited and somedays it truthfully scares the shit out of me. Both feelings are directly related to Uriah's mood and behavior that day ;) 

Anticipating: my next doctor's appointment - the anatomy ultrasound! The date has officially been set - November 5th! I am, of course, all sorts of excited to find out what we're having, but also excited just to see baby and know that everything is as it should be. 

Currently craving: Honey Nut Cherrios, still, though I'm trying to make sure I only eat one (ok no more than two) bowls a day. A cold, crisp apple and Qdoba have been hitting the spot, too, which are things I craved when I was pregnant with Uriah, too! 

Wishing: I knew the day this baby would arrive. Which takes a lot of the magic out of it, I know, but if it arrives when Uriah did, I would already be half way...!? Or if it arrives ten days early, it would be on match day! Or two days early, it would be on Stephen's birthday! Or it could be on my sitter's birthday, or, or or...! 

What are you most looking forward to?: baby kicks. I might have felt baby move for the first time last night, but this early on it's still hard to tell for sure. But laying there so quiet and still waiting for the feeling again, I remembered feeling Uriah inside me and being able to watch him roll around and how crazy, wonderful, weird, and magical it was and I am so excited to be able to experience that again. So excited and oh so blessed... 

2 comments :

  1. Ok your adorable and it isn't fair;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm did you see pictures of you pregnant...!? I have been a hot mess this whole pregnancy and finally starting to feel normal again!

      Delete