Sunday, July 20, 2014

three years later


Years one (pregnant in Alabama), two (new to Boise with a 5 month old at home) and three. 

This year for our anniversary, we (and by "we" I mean Stephen) got tickets to see Les Miserables at the Idaho Shakespeare Festival, picnic dinner in the setting sun and all. It was perfect. The two of us didn't know squat about Les Mis before hand, but still, were blown away by the performance and the story. We were both so surprised by the Christian theme throughout the story and loved that it played such a strong role. It was incredible, and for those in the area, I highly recommend it. Now, we're half way through the movie (because neither of us can keep our eyes open past ten). Consider us fans. 

That was Saturday night, while our actual anniversary was Friday, which was spent splashing in the pool in our front yard with our (almost) 18 month old - maybe even more perfect, maybe ;)

How lucky am I to be so happy, three years later. And I know, in the long scheme of things three years will be a blink of an eye, but for us, right now, three years is huge. Three years married... So much has happened in the last three years that at a quick thought, I don't know how we fit it all in. But, at the same time, it seems like we've been married forever, in the best way possible. A little while ago, an ex-boyfriend of mine got engaged (congratulations!) and I kept thinking how that could have been me, how it almost was me... But I'm here instead, with Stephen and Uriah, and I couldn't get over how happy I am that it wasn't me, that this was my destiny instead, that this was God's plan for my life. He knew better than I what I needed and wanted and I am so thankful He brought Stephen and I together and that through us He has created this life that we get to share with our son. You guys...! How perfect is He?! 

And, how perfect is that man I married?! {enter heart eyes emojicon}

4 comments :

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary! my husband and i love les mis! we have the movie, and i cry every time we watch it! so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh les mis. I've been singing it since I could sing. Such a beautiful story of repentence and giving your life to God. So glad you saw it! And the movie is fantastic. Although Russell Crowe is not. (I love him.... But don't love his voice) I'm glad you guys enjoyed it! And happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea how I unfollowed your blog but i did. anyways miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete